When I grow up plastic was something new. Back then, the picture above would look like something very futuristic. I remember well the time when my parents had to take used empty glass bottles to the store in order to buy soft drinks! Do you? Well in only 4 decades we've come a long way from that as now there are about anything made of plastic and most kids playrooms are filled with toys made from plastic (mostly made in China). While you can teach your child about the environment and the importance recycling, there is nothing better to do to our earth then to buy less plastic and more wooden toys! So, here are several alternatives for wooden and other eco-friendly toys manufactures or resources we love in our house! All of them are easily found online.
- Plan Toys (puzzle shown above, cutest wooden mini dolls)
- Haba (specially good teethers and baby rattles)
- Hape International (bamboo, stylish car shown bellow)
- Melissa & Doug (known for great wood puzzles)
- Educo (Hape subdivision)
- Maple Landmark (made in Vermont, USA)
- Kid O (from Switzerland, toys and great design furniture)
- Adena (has some Montessori materials)
- Montessori Services (all Montessori materials)
- Eden Home (everything green, including toys)
Or if you have a handyman in the house this book (bellow) has 50 easy to build projects to make your own toys!
This article was originally posted on http://arttipsandthoughts.blogspot.com
Any reproduction on any other site is prohibited and a violation of copyright laws.